New bitbox mk2 – The 1010music Eurorack Sampler Just Got Even Better
Despite the current outbreak craze, new interesting products keep popping up. One of these is 1010music bitbox mk2 – the next generation of their bitbox Eurorack sampler. The first version was very well received, and still 1010music seems to have improved nearly every aspect of it. Let’s find out more…
More Power, More Voices, Granular Mode
bitbox mk2 features twice the processing power over the original and increases sampler polyphony to 24 voices, adds a new Granular Mode and more. The new IPS touchscreen stays crisp when viewed from all angles to make selecting, editing, triggering and tweaking samples easy. Get fast, visual access to hundreds of Presets so you can instantly recall your sonic creations.
Trigger samples with 16 touch screen pads, CV/Gate inputs or via MIDI controllers. The powerful sample playback engine lets you load a folder of samples to play as a traditional sampler instrument in Sample Mode or play as BPM synchronized loops in Clip Mode. In addition, Slicer Mode lets you trigger individual regions of a sample while Granular Mode lets you break down and morph through samples in variable-sized increments for mind- bending new sounds. The bitbox mk2 design allows streaming up to 8 large samples of up to 4 GB file size straight from the microSD card complete with beat-slicing for variable tempos and CV/MIDI control.
Bitbox mk2 continues the bitbox legacy of creativity and quality with increased performance and more innovative sound design capabilities all with high-quality 24-bit stereo sample recording/playback.
bitbox mk2 Features:
• Play samples with up to 24 notes of polyphony from 64 MB of internal memory or stream 8 tracks of stereo, 24-bit samples (up to 4G each) from microSD, supporting up to 256GB
• Multiple clip Launch Modes, including One-Shot, Toggle and Gate
• Create and instantly recall Presets and use 16 pads to play one-shot samples, loops or multi-sampled instruments – with complete control of sample slice playback, granular processing, and modulation
• Import bitbox mk2 Presets directly into Ableton Live as a 4×4 bank of samples complete with sample slice parameters
• Trigger samples via touch screen, CV/Gate inputs, or MIDI input
• Use MIDI for polyphonic playback of samples or slices
• Import or export WAV files with your Mac or PC using a microSD card (included)
• Free sample library including beats and other samples by producer Jason Donnelly (DJ Puzzle), Soundopolis and SympleSound
• 24-bit/48kHz stereo input for high quality recordings, with stereo output and two mono effects sends
• Stereo or mono recording with the option to synchronize start/stop times to clock inputs with a maximum recording time of up to 4 hours
• Playback can be immediate or synchronized to analog or MIDI clock to allow BPM sync and start/stop quantization to note values (measure, 1/4, 1/8, etc.)
• Control of sample parameters, including start position, length, gain, loop mode, launch quantization, grain size, grain spread, grain count
• Tweak synth playback parameters including pitch, gain, filter, pitch, modulation and ADSR envelopes plus MIDI note, channel mapping and control mapping
• Supports hundreds of User Presets
• Accepts TRS MIDI Type A and Type B input compatible with Arturia and other MIDI controllers
• 26 HP Eurorack compatible 400mA on +12V
bitbox mk2 can be purchased for $599.95 direct from 1010music starting the first week of June 2020 or through the network of dealers you can find at 1010music.com. Does this mean we’ll also get a standalone Blackbox mk2 soon? Only time will tell, we’ll keep you posted on that.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.