The Arturia V Collection just got another major update, reaching version 9 and adding both new instruments and a (personally much appreciated) redesign of some of the classic ones.
If you’re not familiar with it (in that case, check out our Arturia V Collection 8 review), V Collection 9 is a premium suite of professional software instruments ranging from modern hybrid synth engines to emulations of the most evocative instruments ever made, enhanced for today’s production workflow.
What’s New In V Collection 9?
- KORG MS-20 V
Primal black monolith, with an elemental analog sound and a semi-modular architecture, reawakened. I’m a fan of the good old 2004 emulation by KORG, now available in the KORG COLLECTION. It’s going to be interesting to compare the two, although I expect the Arturia version, being newer, to have the edge.
- SQ80 V
The Ensoniq SQ-80 is a classic analog/digital hybrid of the late eighties. Hybrid lo-fi crosswave synth fusing thousands of digital waveforms combinations with crunchy analog filters.
- Augmented STRINGS
Innovative instrument combining sampled strings with state-of-the-art synthesis and deep morphing controls.
- Augmented VOICES
Blending the human voice with multiple synth engines and expressive controls for evocative hybrid sound.
- 4 Rebuilt Instruments
CS-80 V, Prophet-5 V, Prophet-VS V, and Piano V have been completely rebuilt from scratch, with brand new sound engines, updated features, and enhanced production capabilities. I’m particularly interested in checking out the new CS-80 V, since it’s one of the oldest and yet more unique instruments in the bundle.
- 14 exclusive sound banks
An exclusively-crafted selection of presets demonstrating the sonic prowess of each of V Collection 9’s new titles.
- 14 exclusive sound banks for new V Collection 9 instruments
- 14,000 high-quality and innovative presets.
- Analog Lab V: every preset of V Collection 9 can be browsed and edited from a single interface.
- All instruments share a common interface for browsing, editing (save, import, export, and more).
- New in-app tutorials for easily understanding every instrument.
- High-resolution graphic interfaces, compatible with large displays.
- Easy MIDI mapping to any keyboard controller.
- Arturia’s proprietary technologies, TAE® and Phi®, ensure that each instrument sounds and behaves exactly as you need it to.
- Easy installation and updates with Arturia Software Center
- 32GB free hard disk space
- OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
Pricing and Availability
Arturia V Collection 9 is available from today. To celebrate the launch, V Collection 9 will be available at a special intro price for all users until June 5th via arturia.com and special partners such as PluginBoutique. Users can log in to discover their personal offer.
Also, check out our Arturia MiniLab 3 review as it’s a nice, compact and affordable controller for Arturia’s synths.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.