The Dawless-friendly (a.k.a. Ableton Live in a box) Akai Force was one the most interesting new products seen at the recent NAMM 2019. Today the Japanese company announced the release of a 3.0.1 update that introduces a number of new features and workflow refinements to this ground-breaking live performance and music production device.
Building on Force’s already-impressive capabilities, the 3.0.1 update introduces a highly innovative Launch/Note mode – now users can simultaneously harness the creative power of Force’s Note mode while launching clips on a split, single pad layout. Also included in 3.0.1 is the inclusion of the Mother Ducker and Mother Ducker input effects plugins – recently added to the MPC platform in version 2.4, this pair of processors allows users to create side-chain effects effortlessly via inserts within Force’s mixer window.
– Updated recording preferences allowing users to use fixed length clip recording
– Improved auditioning of sample and loops within Force’s browser – now, files with embedded tempo information will audition in sync with Force’s master BPM
– Drum program enhancements –users can mute or solo pads in a drum program using Force’s hardware control surface
– Force can now load FLAC and OGG files
– The AIR dynamics plugins Compressor, Channel Strip, Maximizer, Transient andNoise Gate now have metering to clearly indicate the input/output levels and the amount of gain reduction applied.
3.0.1 will be available as a free update early February 2019. For further information on 3.0.1, visit the Force web page.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.