If you’re into innovative tools for interacting with sounds and samples, you might have already put the dazzling Zoom ARQ Aero RhythmTrak AR-96 on your list.
If you found that a bit expensive, Zoom today unveiled the new and more affordable ARQ AR-48 Aero RhythmTrak.
The ARQ is an all-in-one production and live performance instrument that offers new and experienced electronic musicians a fun, easy way to craft electronic music.
Like the ARQ AR-96, the AR-48 is comprised of a Base Station and Ring Controller (FYI: the Bluetooth connection requires an optional connector sold separately).
The Base Station is laid out in four distinct zones: Sound, Sequence, Rec/Play, and Effect.
Here, musicians can access 460 synth, percussion, and vocal sounds, three sub-oscillators, and a synthesizer to start creating their music.
You can also load your own Samples via the SD-Card Slot. The ARQ’s loop-shaped Ring Controller features 16 pressure-sensitive with aftertouch which allow musicians to easily play onto the Ring’s surface and record sequences in real-time and control and shape their music by moving the ring controller thanks to the internal 3-Axis Motion Sensor.
Additionally, each pad has its own programmable multi-color LED, allowing musicians to create a visual layout for each instrument they use in a sequence.
The MIDI Output lets you control external synths and instruments. And the optional Bluetooth connector lets musicians remove the Ring Controller from the Base Station to create more visually expressive performances.
Here’s how you can create a sequence on the ARQ AR-48:
- All-in-one drum machine, sequencer, synthesizer, looper, clip launcher, MIDI controller and live performance instrument
- Includes 460 drum machine, synth, and instruments sounds
- Import WAV files into the internal synth engine’s oscillator
- 16 adjustable Master Eff ects, including reverb, filters, delay, and more
- Ring Controller with 3-axis accelerometer as a handheld aerial instrument for triggering arpeggiator sounds and effects
- 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads with programmable color LEDs
- Onboard 32-step loop sequencer for creating individual patterns or complete songs
- Programmable synthesizer engine with three sub-oscillators
- 3.5 mm mini stereo input for phrase recording and loop creation
- Play sounds chromatically, or choose from dozens of preset scales in any key
- Dual 1/4″ line outputs, separate 3.5 mm mini stereo headphone output with dedicated volume control, and MIDI output
- USB port for computer integration and SD card slot
- Optional Bluetooth connection for the Ring Controller (BTA-1 connector sold separately)
For more information, visit the detailed ARQ AR-48 webpage.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.