Akai has just released the new 2.0.5 update for its MPC Live and MPC X. The new firmware introduces a number of powerful production and performance features, including: audio warping and time-stretching on the individual drum pad level for manipulating loops and hits on each pad within a drum program, improved Program and Audio editing, Bluetooth® 4.0 MIDI capability and enhanced support for storage expansion/external drives.
Another huge new addition to 2.0.5 is Ableton Link support, the first time ever on a standalone hardware unit. MPC users can now synchronize and play back audio in real time with other Link-enabled music making devices and apps (including iMPC Pro) using a shared Wi-Fi connection.
- Ableton Link via Wi-Fi – Sync MPC with any Link-enabled apps and devices for cross-platform
collaboration. Complete list of apps found here
- Bluetooth® 4.0 MIDI support – Controllers such as the LPK25 Wireless and LPD8 Wireless can now be used to control MPC instruments and kits
- Audio warping and time-stretching on the individual drum pad level within a drum program
- Improved Audio and Program Editing
- Enhanced Support for Storage Expansion – Hard Drives can now be formatted using the MPC
Pricing & Availability:
The 2.0.5 firmware upgrade is available as a free download at akaipro.com for all registered MPC Live and MPC X owners.
For more information, visit the Akai Professional website.