If you are among those who think ‘EQs are all the same, right?’ you might have never heard of SurferEQ from Sound Radix. SurferEQ follows the pitch of a monophonic instrument or vocal in real-time and can adjust any of its bands accordingly, thus “Surfing” the sound waves.
In our SurferEQ review we were impressed by the musical features of this plugin, boasting unique pitch-tracking capabilities.
The guys at Sound Radix didn’t stop there, though. They just announced the new version of their plugin, SurferEQ 2.
The new release enhances those capabilities with control of Surf Time and Pitch Detection settings. It also adds gating features for each band and an external sidechain input which open up whole new worlds of possibilities, allowing you to make parts of your mix interact in interesting and useful ways.
- Side-chain input: Makes it possible to use pitch from another track to process polyphonic audio tracks to make “space” in the mix.
- Spectral Gate (normal and reversed): Allows engaging or disengaging the EQ when the input level crosses a set threshold level.
- Live mode with zero latency
- Four new and extremely creative Harmonic Filter modes
- Morphing filters
- Surf-time control: Allows setting the speed at which SurferEQ will “Surf” from one note to another.
- HP and LP Surf-frequency limit: Allows setting a limit to the high- and low-pass filters when Surfing.
- PACE iLok provides easy installation and mobility
- Completely re-designed, retina-compatible and OpenGL optimized vector graphics UI
- Spectral Level Meters
- Frequency analyzer
Pricing and compatibility
SurferEQ 2 is compatible with Mac & PC and available in 64- and 32-bit AAX, RTAS, VST and Audio Units formats.
Limited-time introductory offer! To celebrate the release, SurferEQ 2 is now only $129 (reg. $199), upgrades from Version 1 are only $29 (reg. $49).
Offer ends October 1.
Users who purchased SurferEQ after June 1, 2016 are eligible for a free upgrade.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.