Spacelab – Next Generation 3D Spatial Audio Plugin
Fiedler Audio, the German reverb professionals and renowned specialists for outstanding „space-in-audio creation tools“ have announced the immediate availability of Spacelab, a 3D spatial audio production plug-in.
A unique set of tools for next-generation audio production
Whether for music, film/video, broadcast, games, or VR/AR, Spacelab opens up a revolutionary new way of putting all of your tracks into the right acoustic perspective. Spacelab combines state-of-the-art reverb, 3D-panning, and spatialization in one plug-in – providing access to the world of 3D-audio for anyone on any DAW. The plug-in treats incoming audio as objects, which are positioned in the space of a virtual room. That room creates a stunning reverberation of these objects. The objects plus their reverb are then rendered to any desired output format, ranging from stereo up to any 3D-audio format, be it for speakers or for headphones via binaural rendering. Spacelab is fully compatible with Dolby Atmos and MPEG-H workflows.
Spacelab, of course, may be used as a classic send and return reverb effect, but, the object-based approach actually unlocks Spacelab’s full capabilities for workflow and for sound design. Providing easy control over object positioning and a virtual “listener”, which can be moved around freely, Spacelab facilitates creative workflows for music, film, broadcast, VR/AR, games, etc. Rendering the reverb for each object individually, depending on its position, creates a unique sonic landscape with amazing detail and realism which is impossible to generate with any channel-based reverb.
What’s more: Spacelab provides a studio environment for you to mix in
Get the studio experience while mixing on headphones. The internal binaural renderer of Spacelab can be used for monitoring as well as for production. Any speaker layout can be rendered to headphones enabling mixers to monitor and work anywhere. Producing for binaural reproduction provides every producer and musician with the opportunity to start projects with 3D-audio and distribute later to everyone, even in mp3 or AAC.
Beam me up!
Spacelab Beam is the „transporter“ plug-In to Spacelab. Beam makes it super easy to send the tracks of your choice into Spacelab’s 3D spatial audio environment and turns the tracks into audio objects. With Beam, even DAWs with „just“ stereo architecture can be enhanced with full 3D spatial audio.
Interstellar and Ignition
Spacelab comes in two iterations. Spacelab Interstellar and Spacelab Ignition. To get going with great reverb and the possibility of expanding audio tracks into 3D audio objects, Spacelab Ignition is the perfect tool for music producers and any audio content creators that want to be able to position sounds in space, leaving the stereo field. Ignition supports up to 24 independent objects.
For those who want it all — Spacelab Interstellar is the product of choice for up to 256 independent audio objects in space. The reverb section provides a unique spectral EQ to shape the reverb sounds in detail and also provides unique features like „spread in space“ which lets the creator define the size of audio objects in space.
Spacelab Features Overview (Interstellar):
High-end algorithmic reverb developed by the experts at the renowned Fraunhofer IIS, the inventors of mp3
- Ultra-realistic room simulation, from small boxes to huge venues
- Any format from mono to full sphere 3D-audio
- Quick access to all essential parameters
- Spectral and spatial sculpting of the reverb tail with the Spatial EQ
- Reverb time is separately adjustable on 9 frequency bands
- Individual early reflection patterns for each object depending on its position,
- continuously changing when an object moves through space
- Positioning of objects around the listener in the virtual room
- Record movement with the mouse as automation
- 3D-view for the best overview of object arrangement
- Virtual listener with 6 degrees of freedom, perfect for film and VR/AR
- Individual dry/wet and spread for each source
- Up to 256 inputs (objects) and outputs
- Arbitrary speaker layouts with up to 256 speakers
- Full sphere binauralizer, monitor through, and produce for headphones
- Classic mode for send/return
- Object mode for object-based mixing
- Ultra-realistic rendering of object motion and corresponding reverb changes
- Automate snapshots to switch between different reverb settings throughout your session
- Dynamic automation for simplifying complex automation of hundreds of parameters
- Create individual speaker layouts with the speaker layout editor
- Use the Spacelab Beam plugin to bypass any routing limitation of your DAW and send audio from anywhere into Spacelab
MPEG-H Exporter plugin (optional)
- Export your work in the MPEG-H production format for further processing and publishing for object-based music applications.
Spacelab supports the plug-in formats: VST3, AU, AAX on computer systems running macOS 10.12 through 12 and Windows 7 through 11. On Apple Silicon Mac Spacelab runs Rosetta mode. Support for native apple silicon will be available at some point.
Pricing and availability
Spacelab Interstellar is available immediately for Euro 599,-/ USD 669,- / GBP: 549,-. Spacelab Ignition retails for 249,- / USD 279,-/ GBP 229,-
To support producers in getting familiar with audio in 3D, Fiedler Audio offers Spacelab Ignition for a special introduction price of Euro 149,-/ USD 169,- until May 18th, 2022
For further information please visit: www.fiedler-audio.com
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.