Zoom F3 Field Recorder – Compact, Sturdy, Versatile and Clipping-Free!
Zoom got in touch with us to announce their new F3 Field Recorder.
The F3 is Zoom´s latest Field Recorder featuring 32-Bit Float Recording. The F3 allows you to adapt to your scene without having to set the gain or worry about clipping. Featuring dual A/D converters, up to 192 kHz sampling frequency and low-noise preamps found in our professional F-Series recorders, the F3 guarantees high-quality recordings in any setting or situation.
This video below provides a great introduction to the Zoom F3 capabilites and improvements over the previous Zoom field recorders.
The F3 is built with durable side bars, standard tripod mount and slide-resistant rubber feet and It’s sturdy metal casing and locking XLR connectors is designed for use in a variety of environments.
The F3 even displays the input signal as a waveform in real time on the display and if you are on a set, you can control the F3 from a distance via the F3 Control App* for iOS and Android and sync it via wireless Timecode** to your other gear.
You can also connect your F3 to a computer or iOS device via USB as an audio interface and record or stream up to two channels in crystal-clear 24-bit float*/96 kHz resolution.
The new Zoom F3 is the perfect solution for worry-free audio recording in any kind of enviroment and application.
*Optional BTA-1 Bluetooth Adapter required
**Optional BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter and UltraSync Blue device by Timecode Systems are required
- Input and output Inputs MIC/LINE (mono) 2
- channels Outputs LINE OUT 1
- PHONE OUT 1
- Inputs MIC/LINE (mono)Connectors 2 XLR (2: HOT)
- Input gain Adjustment unnecessary (dual AD
- converter circuits used)
- Input impedance MIC: 3 kΩ or more
- LINE: 3 kΩ or more
- Maximum input level MIC: +4 dBu
- LINE: +24 dBu
- Phantom power +24/48 V
- Combined channel total of 10 mA or less
- Equivalent input noise −127 dBu or less (IHF-A) when waveform
- magnification is ×1024 with 150Ω input
- Outputs LINE OUT Connector 1 stereo mini jack
- Maximum output level +1 dBu
- Output impedance 200 Ω
- PHONE OUT Connector 1 stereo mini jack
- Maximum output level 50 mW + 50 mW (into 32Ω load)
- Output impedance 200 Ω
- Recorder Maximum simultaneous 2
- recording tracks
- Maximum simultaneous 2
- playback tracks
- Recording format WAV
- 44.1/48/88.2/96/192kHz, 32-bit float, mono/
- stereo BWF and iXML Formats supported
- Recording media 4–32GB cards compatible with the
- microSDHC specification
- 64GB–1TB cards compatible with the
- microSDXC specification
- Display LCD with backlight (96×64 resolution)
- USB Connector USB-TYPE-C
- *Please use a USB cable that supports data
- transfer. Supports USB bus power operation
- Audio interface operation USB 2.0 Full Speed 44.1/48/88.2/96kHz,
- 24-bit 2-in/2-out
- Mass storage operation USB 2.0 High Speed
- REMOTE Dedicated wireless adapter (ZOOM BTA-1)
- Power 2 AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V /
Price (estimated MSRP)
415,31 Euro incl. 19% VAT. (358,80,- GBP Incl 20% VAT)
To learn more about the Zoom F3, please visit the official Zoom web page.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.