TONE2 Updates RayBlaster to v2.5 – Enhanced Sound Quality, More Patches and Better GUI
January 31, 2019 | news | No Comments|
Rayblaster is alive and kicking! TONE2 has just released v2.5, a major (free) update, which adds exciting new features, enhanced sound quality, 43 additional patches, many enhancements for the user interface and some fixes.
RayBlaster 2.5 is compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality.
Here’s what’s new, at a glance…
- ‘Edit->Create Random Patch’ can create an unlimited number of complex and mostly useful sounds automatically.
- Tooltips with explanations are shown when the mouse is hovered over a button or control.
- The tooltips can be hidden with Help->’Hide tooltips’.
- The menus now show check-marks for the currently selected item.
- Automatic and dynamic micro-tuning for enhanced chords.
- Knobs can be reset to the default value with a double-click.
- A hand-symbol is shown for text parameters which can be altered.
- Support for the ‘natural-scrolling-mousewheel’ on the Mac.
- Clicking a diode now also changes the LFO waveform on the Mac.
- 43 additional patches
- 4 additional waveforms
Enhanced sound quality:
- More linear frequency response above 6kHz. RayBlaster has a less ‘sharp’ overall sound and sounds more ‘high-end’.
- ‘Delay’, ‘Delay Dual’,’Delay Band’,’PingPong’ and ‘Multitap’ sound less detuned.
- The late-reflections of ‘Reverb Large’, ‘Reverb Medium’, ‘Reverb Small’, ‘Reverb Feedb’ and ‘Reverb Plate’ sound less detuned.
- Smoother sound of ‘Reverb Ultra’ and ‘Reverb Trance’
Enhancements for the GUI:
- Better mouse-wheel support on PC.
- A midi-program-change does not longer change the patch category.
- The menus are larger and easier to read.
- Patch category is now located above the patch selector
- Unison is easier to set up
- Several small enhancements for the GUI.
- Slightly faster loading of patches
For more info about RayBlaster, please visit https://www.tone2.com/rayblaster2.html
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.