Available now from Sonic Bloom, ConChord is a pulse-based Max for Live chord step sequencer, which makes the creation of advanced and complex patterns very easy.
The MIDI effect, devised by Christian Kleine aka Max for Cats, has 8 steps, which are triggered by pulses and each step can have a different stage with a variable pulse length from 0 to 7 pulses per step, which gets you a maximum of 56 pulses. Time, Swing as well as the play direction can be of course adjusted.
Each step can have a variable pulse count to allow rests, pauses and repetitions. Additionally, each step can generate a chord, for which you can choose between 22 integrated chord types. Each chord can also be played back inverted and/or with variable strumming.
The Extra page allows mapping the steps to any other parameter in Live and you can select a scale for the note melody of the Step page.
See how ConChord works:
With the carefully chosen feature set, you are in full control of ConChord. The features from the pages of the MIDI effect can be mixed and matched, making very complex patterns possible in no time.
If MIDI Input is enabled you can change the root note via MIDI to transpose the built pattern. ConChord also comes with five banks of Push mappings, making jamming with it in the studio or on stage a breeze.
The four pages:
- Adjust the note pitches, velocity, length and octave per step
- Randomise & reset for each parameter group
- Global settings for velocity & length
- Set the pulse count per step and its behaviour
- Includes pauses, repetitions once or multiple times as well as hold
- Activate chord function per step
- Set the chord type (22 available)
- Define the inversion and strumming factor of the chord
- Scale drop down menu (global)
- Map to any parameter in Live and define values for each per step
- self-installing Live Pack with integrated lesson in Live’s Help section
- PDF manual in English and German
- Max for Live MIDI effect
- 15 Presets included
- Live 10 or higher and Max for Live required
Pricing & Availability:
ConChord is a Max for Live Pack which can be purchased directly from Sonic Bloom for EUR 15/USD 18.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.