Alesis today announced the introduction of their new Strike MultiPad electronic drum instrument, a capable and versatile device that, according to the company, far surpasses the performance and creative potential of any previous electronic drum pad. It’s a bold claim, but the Strike MultiPad has some very interesting features (such as the built-in sampler and loop recorder) that might make it very appealing to drummers, producers, and beatmakers.
Here’s an introduction:
Let’s see what else the company told us…
Alesis designed the Strike MultiPad around the drummer’s requirement to be able to sample, edit, loop and perform in a seamless manner. To that end, the MultiPad offers an unprecedented 8000+ built-in sounds, 32GB of storage and the ability to record samples from any source (smartphone, mic, off the internet, via USB, from virtually any other audio device).
The nine velocity-sensitive pads have customizable RGB lights and are easily configured for maximum playing convenience. Plus, the customizable RGB lights under each pad guarantee that players will never miss a beat – no matter how dark or foggy the stage is.
There are five built-in effects processors and a Custom Effect Control, so players can really personalize their sounds/loops. Plus, there are multiple ins/outs with USB audio and MIDI interface, multiple external drum/cymbal triggers and an Alesis-exclusive 4.3” color screen to make checking system status or performing edits a snap.
Here you can see the sampling and looping features in use:
- 9 Velocity-Sensitive pads with customizable RGB lights
- 32GB of internal storage with over 6GB of included samples and loops
- 4.3” color display delivers fast visual system status, makes editing easy
- Built-in Sampler – capture the perfect sound from your phone, mic, or computer
- Built-in Loop Recorder – create custom loops in real time
- 2 channel USB audio interface – makes it fast and easy to connect to your computer
- Connect a USB drive to quickly load your own WAV files
- Five onboard effects processors (3 kit FX, 1 master FX, 1 comp/EQ)
- Separate Main, Aux and Headphone outputs
- Three trigger inputs and two dual foot-switch inputs for system expansion
- “A-LINK” – Two fully-assignable infinite rotary encoders
Pricing & Availability:
The Alesis Strike MultiPad is available now for $699.00/ €699,00
Visit the Strike MultiPad website for more information.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.