A few days ago we told you MOD Devices was going to release a new device, created with electronic music producers and performers in mind.
Named MOD Duo X, this new standalone device sports more controls on the outside, including 8 new assignable potentiometer knobs, 4 freely-assignable push buttons and 2 instant “snapshot” push buttons.
The Duo X also comes with Control Voltage input and output, a buffed up new processor, as well as new software features such as MIDI Slave Sync and Stereo Link.
With its fully-assignable knobs and push buttons, including instant recall capabilities, the MOD Duo X is geared towards hands-on use cases such as studio work, electronic music production & performance and even DJing.
The new features of the MOD Duo X include:
- Standalone NXP i.MX8M Quad core ARM Cortex-A53, 1.5GHz audio processor
- Commutable analog control inputs – 2 x Control Voltage / Expression Pedal
- Commutable outputs – 2 x Control Voltage / Headphone
- 2 freely-assignable rotary encoders (control a virtually infinite amount of plugin parameters through push-button assignments)
- 8 freely-assignable potentiometers
- 4 freely-assignable push-buttons
- Controller pagination system for multiple controlling scenarios
- 2 instant “snapshot” push-buttons for easy setting recall and alternation
- MIDI Sync (Ableton Link compatible) in master and slave mode
- Max compatible (any gen~ based Max tool will run on the Duo)
Users and the press have the opportunity to try a prototype of the MOD Duo X and other products from MOD Devices at the Sónar+D MarketLab, between June 13th and 16th 2018 in Barcelona.
Pricing & Availability:
On June 13th, pre-orders will open for a limited edition run of the Duo X, which will be shipped in late September.
The product will then be made officially available through international distribution and retail partners in late Q4 2018 or early Q1 2019.
The limited edition of the Duo X will be available for 699,- Euro and pre-orders can be made directly from Mod Devices.
Like the regular Duo stompbox, the MOD Duo X audio processor is made in Germany. It measures 180mm x 60mm x 160mm (W x H x D) and weighs 1.3 kg.
The feature set of both versions will be identical.