We’ve all been there. It can be frustrating not knowing exactly how to get your music comparable to your favourite mixes.
This is the exact reason Mastering The Mix created REFERENCE, a plugin that wants to help you get closer than ever to the sound of your favourite music.
You might argue that there’s no need for a plugin to work with reference tracks. True, but REFERENCE has a few tricks up its sleeve and is supposed to make you work faster. Is it worth it? You can decide for yourself, after trying the demo (see below)…
Key Features Overview:
- Compare your mix or master to up to 20 reference tracks.
- The powerful Level Match tool allows you to instantly and accurately match the loudness of your track and your references. This is crucial for a fair comparison.
- Add, remove and solo bands in the Trinity Display to zone in on the intricate differences between your mix and your references.
- The Level Lines in the Trinity Display tells you how much perceived volume that frequency band has compared to the same frequency band in your reference track.
- The Stereo Spread in the Trinity Display displays the stereo width of both your original track and your reference in each frequency band.
- The Punch Dots in the Trinity Display will tell you how the short-term dynamic range of your track compares to the short-term dynamic range of your reference in each frequency band..
- The time-saving Auto Align button identifies if you have different versions of the same song and lines them up automatically, so you can seamlessly switch between them.
- The Wave Transport allows you to create multiple loops so you can quickly compare various sections of your track to your reference.
- Sharp retina display with resizable window as well as compact mode.
- Easy to set up, with user-friendly, non technical controls. Interactive tool tips can be activated in settings for more information.
Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units and AAX formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit)
MAC – OS X 10.8 or higher. 32-bit or 64-bit AU, VST 2/3 or AAX host.
Windows – Windows 7, 8 or 10. 32-bit or 64-bit VST 2/3 or AAX host.
For an in-depth walkthrough watch this video:
Pricing & Availability:
REFERENCE is available now for £49 (inc VAT) directly from Mastering the Mix.
You can even try it for free for 15 Days – no credit card details required.
Get more info from the REFERENCE product page.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.