Eventide has recently released UltraTap — inaugurating its H9 Plug-in Series as a unique multi-tap effects plug-in capable of rhythmic delays, glitchy reverbs, huge pad-like volume swells, and extraordinary modulation derived from its TEC Award-winning H9 Harmonizer® Effects Processor.
UltraTap is the perfect tool for creating drum fills, vocal choruses, swelling guitar chords, and other evolving effects — everything from reversed reverbs to a massed church choir singing Gregorian chants in Notre-Dame Cathedral!
Creatively, it is also optimized for live use; UltraTap’s unique HotSwitch and The Ribbon features facilitate programming any combination of the controls and seamlessly morphing from sound to sound.
Watch Eventide’s informative introductory UltraTap videos:
Think of UltraTap as the mother of all Echoplexes and you won’t be too far off. That’s basically how it operates, but with the flexibility to add as many ‘tape-heads’ as you want and expressively control their positions and levels.
- Over 150 presets designed to inspire, including artist presets by Chris Carter, Colin Newman, Sasha, and many more.
- Manipulate effects in realtime using The Ribbon to morph seamlessly between two settings of any combination of controls.
- Create drastic changes in effect and sound by assigning the HotSwitch to an alternate version of the current settings.
- Smear taps together or modulate them into unheard reverbs by using the innovative Slurm parameter.
- Use up to 64 taps to create simple repeats or morph delays into chorus and reverb.
- Speed up or slow down the rhythmic space between taps by altering the Spread knob.
- Use the onboard LFOs and envelopes to Chop up the sound source into tremolo’d rhythms.
- Modify the stereo image of taps to alternating from hard-panned to mono.
- Sync the Length and/or Chop LFO Speed to the DAW session.
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant.
- Optimized for live use with MIDI control of The Ribbon and Tap Tempo for quick meta control on the fly.
Pricing & Availability:
UltraTap is available (as an AAX/AU/VST plug-in for Mac OS X 10.7+ and Windows 7+) at an introductory price of $49.00 USD (rising to an MSRP of $79.00 USD thereafter) from Eventide dealers and its website.
A fully-functional 30-day demo version is available; UltraTap is also available as part of Eventide’s Ensemble Subscription bundle.
For more in-depth information, please visit the dedicated UltraTap webpage.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.