Image Line got in touch with us recently to tell us they updated FL Studio to version 12.4. No, the Mac version of FL Studio is not ready yet (more on that below), but there’s 2 new plugins, one of which the company is particularly proud of, FL Studio Mobile. This is the FL Studio Companion to the updated Mobile App.
Transistor Bass – Advanced emulation of the legendary Roland TB303™ Bassline synthesizer. ON SALE! $49. BONUS: All purchases between now and Dec 31 2016 go into the draw to WIN A REAL Roland TB-303 ($2500 USD) and a modded Cyclone TT-303 ($500 USD).
FL Studio Mobile – Companion to the Android, iOS and Windows App. Bring mobile projects into FL Studio and take them to the next level.
Here’s an overview of the updates, both for the plugins and the DAW itself.
FPC – Vectorial UI. Expandable.
Harmless – Vectorial UI.
Newtone – Added buttons for pitch and warp modes. Option to include region markers when saving a sample from Pitch Correction mode.
Ogun – Vectorial UI.
Parametric EQ 2 – Vectorial UI. Fully resizable.
Patcher – 37 new presets by Youlean.
Razer Chroma – Support for Naga Chroma Mouse.
Slicex – Vectorial UI.
Vocodex – Vectorial UI.
ZGameEditor Visualizer – Use videos as internal controllers. 4 new presets. Use FL Studio Windows as video input. Supports H.264 video export (mp4). Drag-and-drop to re-arrange layers.
FL Studio Features
- Extended colors – FL Studio now allows selection of fully saturated colors from all color dialogs.
- Custom mapping formulas – Edit the Formulas.txt file ..System\Config\Mapping.
- Browser – Restored option to Open samples in Fruity Slicer.
- Mixer – Menu > View > “Alternative mixer highlighting” option to work with the new very bright or dark colors.
- Dashboard – Can now be resized from the window border.
- Plugin Manager – Window can now be set to remain on top of other windows.
- Command-line rendering – /R[filename] myproject.flp, use /E[extensions] to specify format (E.g: “/Emp3,ogg,wav”).
- Loop recording – Significantly improved. Video Tutorial.
- Maschine Jam support – Added undo/redo, step seq mode and swing jogwheel mode.
- Views – Custom layout is now remembered even when selecting other layout
- Input quantization – Added new recording quantize options (right-click the Record button)
- Wrapper – Threaded processing is now on by default
Price and availability
FL Studio is available in 4 editions: Fruity ($99), Producer ($199), Signature ($299) and All Plugins ($899 USD). See the feature comparison here. All editions come with Lifetime Free Updates.
Buy FL Studio here.
What about FL Studio for Mac OS X / MacOS?
As you might have heard by now, Image Line is developing a native Mac version. See the progress here.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.