Analog-sounding plugin experts Fuse Audio Labs have just released VREV-63 Surf Spring Reverb, a software recreation of a legendary 1960s tube-driven spring reverb unit known for its iconic surf guitar tone.
- Emulates the sound of a vintage spring reverb hardware unit used by many classic surf rock guitarists
- Controls for reverb intensity/time (Dwell) and treble tone (Tone)
- Authentic modeling of the original’s tone suck effect on high frequencies
- Additional “mods” like capacitor changes for richer reverb
- Tube rolling between 6K6 and hotter 6V6 tubes
- 3 spring tank models: 3-Spring, Short, and Stock
- Integrated “Kick” unit to emulate physically kicking the hardware
This new plugin aims to capture the lush, juicy sound that made the original spring reverb so coveted. As Fuse Audio Labs’ CEO Reimund Dratwa says, it’s “well earned” reputation goes far beyond just surf music, with artists using it on strings, synths, vocals and more over the decades.
Pricing and Demo
VREV-63 is on sale for 50% off at $29 until March 9th, after which the regular price is $59. Read more details and download 14-day free trials of all Fuse Audio products at their website.
Check out the product intro video here:
This iconic spring reverb emulation is sure to find a place in many producer’s toolkits, especially those looking to add some vintage character and color to their mixes. The discount price makes now a great time to give VREV-63 a test run!
Have you used any Fuse Audio Labs plugins before? What do you think of this latest release? Let me know in the comments!
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.