Resampling, degrading and (bit)crushing your pristine digital tracks can be a great source of inspiration, and it’s often the secret weapon of many popular producers.
If digital dirt is your thing, you should definitely check out the new Klevgränd release. Degrader is a combined resampler and bit crusher effect plug-in (available as Audio Unit, VST, AAX, AUv3).
It can be used to simulate the sound of vintage digital gear, as a lofi-effect or as a plain distortion unit. Since all parameters are fully automatable it’s a handy plugin for creating unique and interesting drops, sweeps and other transitions.
It also comes with a handful of factory presets.
• Resamples between 250 Hz and 96 kHz.
• Low pass filter with different characteristics both pre and post resampling.
• Bit depth can continuously be altered between 3 and 24 bits.
• Additional distortion algorithm.
• Parameter linking (control several parameters with one knob)
• Input and output gain control.
• Dry / Wet mix.
• Several factory presets simulating different vintage gear.
AU/VST/AAX $19.99 (Until Oct 1, then $39.99) iOS (AUv3 only) $7.99 (38% off intro price until Oct 1).
Read more and buy the plugin at https://klevgrand.se/products/degrader . The iOS version is available here.
You Might Also Like...
About The Author
Founder & main editor here at ANR, 'non-musician' and music-tinkerer. His first keyboard was a cheesy Yamaha PSS-270. He still loves it.