It’s not easy to find stage pianos that tick all the boxes (in our case, quality, reliability, weight AND price). Well, it looks like Kurzweil has something in store for people like us (and probably you as well).
The US company just introduced the new SP1 Keyboard at NAMM, boasting a fully-weighted, 88-note keybed, 16 instrument sounds, 256-note polyphony, versatile FX and MIDI control capabilities.
According to the company “The SP1’s velocity-sensitive keybed feels and plays like a high-quality acoustic piano, an advantage for students and musicians who play multiple instruments. MIDI in and out jacks allow the SP1 to function as a MIDI controller making it an attractive option for recording studios and multi-keyboard artists. The SP1’s 16 programs in 4 instrument categories are a specially selected group of sounds derived from Kurzweil’s professional keyboards. Its intuitive controls encourage a “sit down and play it” experience while offering generous user sound customization options via the versatile FX and EQ sections, as well as Split, Layer, and Dual functions. There are 5 FAVORITES buttons enabling users to save their custom sounds.”
Here are the full specs of the SP1
• Keyboard: 88 note fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity sensitive keys
• Display: 3 digit LCD
• Polyphony: 256 Voice Polyphony
• Quick Split / Layer / Dual: Save settings to 5 Favorites
• Programs: 16 Instruments (4 categories of 4 instrument sounds each)
• Effects: Reverb, Chorus, Tremolo, Delay
• 2 Transpose buttons
• Master EQ section
• FX section
• 5 Favorites buttons
• Master Volume knob
• 4 category Volume knobs
• Switch pedal input (Sustain)
• Continuous control pedal input (Volume)
• Analog Outputs / Inputs:
• Two 1/4” Outputs (Stereo Pair)
• Two 1/4” Inputs (Stereo Pair)
• Headphones: 1/4” Rear-Mounted Stereo Headphone Output
• MIDI: IN, OUT
• USB: Complete MIDI functionality over USB
• Software updates from USB Flash Drive
• Weight: 12.36 kg
Price and Availability
(MSRP) €799 – Price in $ TBC. Availability Q1 2018. For further info please visit the official Kurzweil SP1 web page.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.