“Hey now, hey now now, sing This Corrosion to me”… Oops, sorry, that was a memory from our wonder years! 😉
Sinevibes just launched Corrosion – a multi-purpose, multi-algorithm distortion processor. It features 7 distortion curves – from well-known classics to unique Sinevibes-developed “triangle clip” – all of which are 4x oversampled for a bright but clean sound.
Corrosion also includes a pre-distortion filter for shaping the effect’s tone, plus a crossover filter that allows to distort only the low frequency band while keeping the high band untouched – making this seemingly simple effect very versatile.
Here is a quick promo video to give you a glimpse of what to expect from Corrosion:
As always in a Sinevibes product, Corrosion includes a color-coded user interface with a clean and simple layout. It has good contrast and highly legible typography that work well in both studio and outdoor lighting.
Plus, thanks to its animated elements, Corrosion always brings a touch of fun and enjoyment to your workflow.
- 7 distortion algorithms: exponential, soft clip, hard clip, triangle clip, triangle foldback, single foldback, multi foldback.
- 4x oversampling with polyphase sinc filter for aliasing suppression.
- Two-band -24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley crossover filter.
- Pre-distortion -12 dB/octave Butterworth low-pass or high-pass filter.
- Soft bypass switch with 20 ms crossfade between states.
- Color-coded control elements with animated transitions between settings.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for Retina screen resolution.
Price & Availability:
Corrosion is available now for $29 as an Audio Unit plugin. It supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs, and works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
Further details and a demo version can be found at the Sinevibes website.
DISCLOSURE: Our posts may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.