! This post hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
The Polyend team (recently awarded here at ANR in the Best Innovations and Controllers of 2016 category, for their PERC) just announced the launch of the pre-order for SEQ, a 32 steps, 8 polyphonic tracks, polyphonic step sequencer.
In their words “the idea behind SEQ was to craft the ultimate hardware step sequencer enclosed within the highest quality aluminum and wooden housing”
I’ve been able to test an early prototype of SEQ and I was quite impressed by the intuitive workflow. I’m looking forward to checking out the final release…
SEQ Main Features
• 8 tracks with 32 steps each
• 256 pattern memory
• Live sequence recording with external device via MIDI
• Step parameters: Note, Velocity, Length, Modulation, Roll
• Independent track play modes: Normal, Reversed, Pingpong, Random, Polymetric, Polyrhythmic
• All parameter changes are automatically saved
• MIDI In to either sync clock or input MIDI notes
• MIDI Thru
• 2 independent MIDI Outs
• USB for bidirectional MIDI communication
• Footswitch input to control Start, Stop, and Record
Price and Availability
SEQ is available for pre-order. First batch will be shipped in March/April 2017. Price: 999 USD
Wait, You Need CV?
The company is also launching POLY, a Polyphonic MIDI to CV converter. POLY comes as a Eurorack module reflecting SEQʼs eight channels. It converts the MIDI signal to voltage values managing the Gate, Pitch, Velocity, and Modulation parameters of each step.
Through CV outputs, any Eurorack array can be fed with all the musical content you just created using SEQ.
POLY is also available for pre-order. First batch will be shipped in March/April 2017.
Price: 399 USD
To read more and pre-order, visit Polyend’s website.