! This post hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
Welcome NuSpace Audio, a new company that debuted this year with its first, clever plugin.
Riviera is a hybrid algorithmic-convolution reverb plugin for modeling specular acoustic reflections in N-dimensional orthotopes. e.g. string, plate, room, tesseract, and up (vooms or volume+room for short).
Normally, direct computation in these spaces is expensive but some clever maths reduced the asymptotic costs to the point of practical use (e.g. a Reverb plugin). Parameterizing these spaces and then combining them with some fast time-varying frequency decay resulted in some interesting sounding impulse responses (IRs).
- Low-latency, low CPU usage convolution
- Multi-threading support for computing IRs in the background
- Fine-grain controls for parameterizing each voom’s number of dimensions, size, offset from sound-source origin, and material reflection dB loss.
- Time manipulation controls for delay, stretch, and linearity (RT60 ranges from 1 – 20 seconds!)
- Fast frequency-dependent time-decay functions
- Pan/stereo/mix (wet/dry) controls
- Graphical user interface for displaying IR and spectrogram
- VST2/VST3, Windows 32 and 64bit
- Later AU if there’s interest
- Minimum SSE2 supported processor with improvements if AVX enabled
Price and Availability
Download it now from the Riviera product page for free/donation-ware!