FeelYourSound just got in touch to announce the version 3.0.0 of their electronic song-writing solution Sundog Song Studio (formerly known as Sundog Scale Studio, see our Sundog Scale Studio review).
What Is It?
Sundog is a standalone composition software for Windows and MacOS that connects to any DAW via MIDI. With Sundog it is possible to develop new chord progressions, melodies, bass lines, and arpeggios within minutes. All songs can be exported as standard MIDI files.
In our review of the previous version of this software, we found that Sundog can help with overcoming creative block (and God only knows how much we need smart tools like these!), so without further ado….
Let’s See What’s New
Sundog Song Studio 3 introduces many new features and optimizations, which should make its workflow even more intuitive.
– Automatic chord progression optimizations
– GM compatible preview synth with 128 instruments included.
– Higher resolution for chord progressions
– Own pattern search page: Search through over 200 patterns with special search options.
– New pattern structure: Sundog ships with over 200 patterns now, organized in subfolders.
– Instrument menu with special pattern actions: “Reverse pattern”, “Remove stop symbols from pattern”, “Reset volumes in pattern”, “Stretch pattern to double length”.
– Advanced pattern settings: Randomize velocity.
– Advanced pattern settings: Keep overlapping notes pressed when chords change.
– Advanced pattern settings: Work with more than one pattern for this instrument.
Some of the new features can be seen in action in these two videos:
The new Sundog Song Studio 3 also offers several bugfixes and UI improvements.
Check out the new video tutorial for the basic workflow:
Price and Availability
Introductory price: Until 2017/04/23, Sundog 3 can be bought for the old Sundog 2 price (44 EUR / $49).
Normal price: 55 EUR / $59. The update is free for all customers.