Today Zynaptiq announced two new audio plugins, ADAPTIVERB and WORMHOLE. These two new effect plugins will be demonstrated at the company’s Musikmesse booth and will be released later this year.
Given the excellent reputation of the company for its previous works (UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP, PITCHMAP, MORPH and UNMIX::DRUMS plugins – see also our Morph review), we’re looking forward to putting these two new plugins through their paces.
ADAPTIVERB is a revolutionary reflectionless reverberation plugin. Unlike traditional acoustic room modeling using reflections, ADAPTIVERB focuses on creating depth, harmonic richness, and butter-smooth harmonic tails without obscuring the source or perceptually moving it back. Built using ray tracing reverberation, adaptive similarity filtering, and a revolutionary new AI technique similar to the technology that enables self- driving cars to avoid collisions, ADAPTIVERB can create lush spaces, smooth drones, and far-out textures while optionally filtering dissonance – so it never gets in the way of your sounds.
The key ADAPTIVERB features at a glance:
• Revolutionary new reverberation approach with unique sonic characteristics.
• Harmonic Contour Filtering removes output components not in tune with the input, a
captured harmonic fingerprint, or a definable set of notes.
• Non-Linear Harmonic Tracking Resynthesis eliminates noisy components from the
input for clear, harmonic results and creates stunningly organic tails.
• Ray-Tracing and Allpass based reverb engines.
• Freeze function for creating infinite reverb type sounds.
• SIMPLIFY function that recreates the input’s harmonic content with a small amount of
oscillators for additive synthesis type sounds — without the warbliness.
• Pre-Processing section including harmonic synthesis based AIR.
• RICHNESS for adding octave, fifth and unison interval harmonics into the reverb.
• MIDI control of all key parameters.
WORMHOLE is a new effects processing plugin for creating otherworldly sounds. WORMHOLE combines an eccentric spectral warping section with a lush reverb and precision-engineered processor that integrates pitch and frequency shifting into a single process – offering unique sonic characteristics and near-perfect side-band and carrier suppression. WORMHOLE is an indispensable tool for sound designers, film composers and and electronic musicians alike. Whether creating alien voices, surreal ambiences, space-ship drones, off-the-wall electronic instrument sounds, or other special effects, WORMHOLE delivers sounds so unearthly you’d swear they were generated from another dimension or parallel universe.
The key WORMHOLE features at a glance:
• WARP section with unique spectral warping circuit.
• SHIFT section with +- 4 octaves of pitch-shifting and +- 4000Hz of frequency shifting,
performed in one calculation.
• Selectable processing order for WARP and SHIFT.
• Near-perfect side-band and carrier suppression on the frequency shifter for significantly
• Unique pitch shifter design with distinct sonic characteristics.
• Lush sounding reverb section.
• MIDI Control of all key parameters.
Price, compatibility and availability
ADAPTIVERB and WORMHOLE will ship Q2, 2016. Pricing TBA. Both plugins supports all common sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz, mono-in- stereo-out and stereo, as AAX native, AU, RTAS and VST, on Mac & Windows.