You may remember our Borderlands Granular review from some time ago (in our Classics For A Reason series). We praised the exceptional sound-creation qualities, pointing out its only weakness, the lack of connectivity – ‘I really hope the next update is soon in coming – because it could really turn this app into a killer music creation machine’.
Well, here we are. This iOS granular masterpiece has just received an impressive 2.0 update that added all that was missing and much more.
Among the new features:
- Real time audio input recording and granulation Audiobus Sender, Filter, and Receiver Support AudioShare import and export
- Gesture recording and looping
- Parameter automation
- Save and load presets as “scenes”
- Resonant filters available for each grain cloud Optional per-grain filter randomization
- Create custom granular effects processors
To celebrate Borderlands Granular 2.0 we partnered with the developer to give away 3 copies of the app.
To enter just leave a comment below this post (maybe you can tell us about your ‘borderlands experiences’!), AND/OR tweet @audionewsroom using the hashtag #BorderlandsANR (basically if you leave a comment & tweet you’ll double your chances).
Three lucky winners will be selected at random from all the entrants this Thursday (April 2nd). Enter now and good luck!