! This post hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
SPL has just announced five new products (four hardware, one software), and I think there’s something for everyone here. Stay tuned for further details (price/availability).
By the way, if for plug-ins 2009 has been a year of reverbs, it seems in 2010 we’ll have plenty of new drum replacement tools to try. Well, given SPL’s experience with transients, I bet their DrumXchanger will be a hit (ehm…!)
- M/S Master: M/S management processor
- Transpressor: The ultimate dynamic processor
- RackPack 4: RackPack frame for four modules
- Dual-Band De-Esser: RackPack module against sibilance
Here’s a short description of each device…
- Fully adjustable separation of L/R signals into middle/side signals
- Frequency filter for bass and room ambience control
- Stereo width control
- Inserts for external processors. Switch your outboard from stereo to M/S processing – with a single button and without cabling.
- Transient Designer & Twin Core Compressor
- Both modules can be used in any order
- Transient processing starts at the limits of compression, e. g. to emphasize dynamic structures in spite of compression.
- Mounting frame & power supply for up to four modules
- Compact, portable and more affordable
- Lateral handle, fitting system for a 19-inch rack included
- New RackPack module: Dual-Band De-Esser
- Kicks “S” with phase cancellation technique
- Extremely sound-neutral
- Increased effectiveness and targeted processing with high and low band
- Auto-Threshold keeps processing level constant even at varying microphone distances
- Male/Female mode perfectly adapts to male or female voices
- Optimizes or replaces drum sounds in a mix
- Replaces samples phase-accurately
- Transient Designer technology for level-independent recognition
- Recognizes all drum hits faithfully, including the faintest ghost notes
- Two complete Transient Designer processing stages
- High-quality 24 bit/96 kHz SPL sample library
- Launch of the BETA version at Musikmesse (March 24)